SymphonyCare is a provider of population health and patient engagement solutions, combining best-of-breed digital health tools and a variety of support services aimed at improving health outcomes and reducing costs.
We are looking for an experienced Healthcare Integration Engineer to join our team in supporting and expanding the data integration landscape at SymphonyCare. As our solution offerings, customer base and disparate data exchange volumes grow we must evolve our technology to scale. This must be accomplished without impacting ongoing customer success while we develop additional future capabilities.
You will join an enthusiastic diverse team of Healthcare solution professionals (engineers, architects, developers, systems engineers and customer success managers) responsible for building out the core services that provide the backbone for our product offerings as well as support and enhancements to our existing client base. An ideal candidate for this position can jump into our on-going projects and come up to speed quickly, exercising independent judgment to make the best use of his or her time. We expect excellent knowledge and experience with designing, developing, testing and supporting healthcare integration solutions.
- Design, develop, implement, test, and support HL7 interfaces using the Mirth Connect Integration Engine
- Work interactively with clients and team members to configure, test, and support the integration data exchange between the applications
- Serve as the primary technical integration contact point for both internal and external clients
- Work closely with the development team to communicate development plans, gather and organize specifications, create and run test cases, research errors and missing details for the development of interfaces
- Operate as a liaison between technical personnel and the appropriate client departments
- Respond to client inquiries involving application questions
- Ensure that project management and implementation team is informed of any barriers that may result in unsatisfied clients and/or may impact a successful and timely implementation
- Perform pre-assessment research to target hospitals, provide consolidated write-up of current state analysis and future state recommendations
- Participate in project kickoff with internal IS and hospital staff
- Participate in the execution of the go-live plan
- Provide ongoing application integration third level support
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in the Healthcare Information Technology field designing, developing, testing and supporting Healthcare integration solutions for Medical Centers, Physician Groups and Health Care Exchanges.
- Experience with HL7 interface engines such as (Mirth Connect, OPENLink, CorePoint, Cloverleaf etc.)
- Advanced level of knowledge and experience in Microsoft SQL Server, Data Tools and Reporting
- Knowledge and experience with key health data standards such as HL7, FHIR, CCD, CCDA and Meaningful Use, Standard Code Systems (SNOMED, RxNorm, ICD, etc.) as well as a working knowledge of HIPAA data security requirements
- Experience with requirements gathering and developing business requirements for clinical data applications and data interfaces
- Knowledge of Healthcare Provider/Payer domains, including department workflows, processes, and standards
- Knowledge of data warehouse concepts, dimensional data modeling and complex interdependent SQL processes.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools, such as Tableau
- Proficient in use of project management principles (waterfall and agile) to plan, execute, and monitor operational efforts necessary to improve operational and project efficiencies
Soft Skills Requirements
- Tremendous passion for customer delight as shown through drive, initiative, focus, and tenacity to get results
- Outstanding customer service skills. Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Ability to prioritize/plan tasks based on severity of user impact, troubleshoot complex issues and promptly resolve any service interruptions in 24/7 enterprise environment
- Strong track record of cross-functional teaming (working closely with product managers, engineers, sales leaders, and customers to deliver results)
- Very quick learner to understand the technical aspects of the platform and also customer priorities
- Ability to communicate requirements in technical and non-technical terms
- Responsible for confidential information and the use of confidential data and the need for discretion and caution in the use and protection of such material, ensuring compliance with accrediting agencies guidelines and laws such as those outlined by JCAHO and HIPAA
0 to 25% Travel Required
SymphonyCare is a privately held company that offers benefits for full-time employees. Our benefits include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with employer match, PTO, and paid Holidays. SymphonyCare is a global company with a diverse organizational team and a strong entrepreneurial culture. SymphonyCare is an EOE employer.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.