Sr. Database Administrator
SymphonyCare is seeking an experienced Sr. Database Administrator whose responsibility will be to maintain the performance, integrity and security of a database. DBA will be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as in troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
SymphonyCare is a provider of population health and patient engagement solutions, combining best-of-breed digital health tools and a variety of support services aimed at improving health outcomes and reducing costs.
SymphonyCare has an enthusiastic and diverse team of healthcare solution professionals (engineers, architects, developers, systems engineers and customer success managers) responsible for building out the core services that provide the backbone for our product offerings as well as support and enhancements to our existing client base.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- SQL Server database installation, configuration, operations, management, and security for a large healthcare data warehouse, both on premises and cloud-based
- Configure databases, database objects, users, groups, and database access for secure and efficient operations
- Assist in the design and configuration of database objects for secure application access
- Assist in the design and optimization of queries and table access schemes for secure and efficient operations
- Design, implement, and support database backup and recovery to ensure a highly available and reliable database environment
- System security, availability, performance, and capacity planning, monitoring, and tuning
- Ensure that data remains consistent across the database , data is clearly defined
- Ensures that users access the data concurrently in a form that suits their need.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer related field preferred.
- Experience: Three or more year’s professional experience as a DBA
- Skills: Experience managing large-scale data systems / data warehouses
- Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory
- Advanced knowledge of database and application security configuration
- Knowledge and experience with database backup and recovery procedures
- Familiarity with common database reporting and development tools
- Considerable experience with Microsoft SQL Server in onsite and Azure environments
- SQL Server certification preferred
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with developers
0 to 25% Travel Required
SymphonyCare is a privately held company that offers benefits for full-time employees. Our benefits include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with employer match, PTO, and paid Holidays. SymphonyCare is a global company with a diverse organizational team and a strong entrepreneurial culture. SymphonyCare is an EOE employer.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.