Cloud Systems Administrator
SymphonyCare is seeking an experienced Cloud Systems Administrator to work onsite in our Madison, WI office. This person will be responsible for administration, support, and security of the organization’s cloud information systems, providing management of environments running in Microsoft Azure and ensuring they are continuously monitored, updated, restorable, and secure.
SymphonyCare is a provider of population health and patient engagement solutions, combining best-of-breed digital health tools and a variety of support services aimed at improving health outcomes and reducing costs.
SymphonyCare has an enthusiastic and diverse team of healthcare solution professionals (engineers, architects, developers, systems engineers and customer success managers) responsible for building out the core services that provide the backbone for our product offerings as well as support and enhancements to our existing client base.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide advanced networking and security in a cloud environment, maintaining Microsoft Azure Active Directory and Office 365 applications in conjunction with on premise Windows Active Directory.
- Set up, configure, manage, and maintain Microsoft Office 365 components.
- Implementation and management of Microsoft network security groups and security policy design, including maintaining familiarity with all existing and new aspects of cloud security.
- Ensure that all network devices meet required security parameters, including providing security incident response, remediation, and reporting.
- Oversee and ensure the operational health of essential cloud business applications, including security, availability, user access, performance, interoperability, reliability, and application deployment.
- Evaluate, respond to, and resolve service issues, assisting customers with cloud questions, workstation support, system issues, and problem resolution.
- Manage firewalls, VPNs, and remote access to servers, based on different user roles and access requirements.
- Manage cloud-based FTP and other forms of file sharing.
- Management and implementation of backups, restorations and disaster recovery.
- Administer the SharePoint Online platform, including creating sites, installing solutions, and activating features.
- Provide research into, and implementation of, new Azure tools to improve efficiency, performance, and cost-effectiveness.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer related field preferred.
- Experience: At least 3 years of related experience and/or training in a multi-faceted, fast paced IT work environment, including providing workstation support as needed; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office 365 application suite including Exchange Online and SharePoint.
- Understanding of Windows Server 2012 R2 or greater.
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows basic networking and business applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work both collaboratively with other team members and independently to resolve issues, and the ability to provide technical feedback so understood by non-technical stakeholders.
- Confident in troubleshooting problems and a strong sense of responsibility to provide effective and efficient resolution to issues.
- Knowledge to proactively recommend and implement system and process improvements.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: MCP, MCSA, MCSE or similar Microsoft certifications a plus.
SymphonyCare is a privately held company that offers benefits for full-time employees. Our benefits include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with employer match, PTO, and paid Holidays. SymphonyCare is a global company with a diverse organizational team and a strong entrepreneurial culture. SymphonyCare is an EOE employer.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.