Director of Application Engineering
SymphonyCare is a provider of population health and patient engagement solutions, combining best-of-breed digital health tools and a variety of support services aimed at improving health outcomes and reducing costs.
SymphonyCare has an enthusiastic and diverse team of healthcare solution professionals (engineers, architects, developers, systems engineers and customer success managers) responsible for building out the core services that provide the backbone for our product offerings as well as support and enhancements to our existing client base.
SymphonyCare seeks a Director of Application Engineering in our Madison, WI office who will mentor and direct junior and mid-level software engineers, provide sound architectural designs, develop, unit test, and operate SaaS healthcare applications. The Director will be accountable for supporting the full software development lifecycle, fostering continuous improvement with the team and will interface regularly with the product managers using the scrum/agile methodology. The Director will also be responsible for working with an offshore development team. The position will be approximately 25% hands on and 75% managerial.
The Director will work in our headquarters in Madison, WI. Madison is a vibrant, progressive community with great neighborhoods, top-ranked schools, tons of activities, and an internationally renowned university.
- Lead high performing cross-functional teams to create and maintain complex healthcare applications.
- Define and participate in software development processes that support continuous product delivery.
- Actively code alongside others on the team. This position is not supervisory only.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Work and lead on real-time production issues with excellent communication to business users and stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned
- Expert knowledge of .NET framework and underlying coding languages (preferably C#).
- Expert knowledge of .NET ORMs such as NHibernate and/or entity framework.
- Expert in developing RESTful APIs using .NET WebAPI framework.
- Expert knowledge of SQL Server with the ability to do database design.
- Expert knowledge of OO and functional programming and best practices
- Experience with Microservices.
- Experience on the Node.js platform
- Experience in Angular JS Front End.
- Healthcare clinical integration experience (Mirth, HL7, CDA, CDR)
- Experience creating and maintaining a CI/CD pipeline and working with the DevOps Model.
- Experience setting up a multi-tiered web application from scratch.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment (CLIA, HIPPA, SOX).
- Experience hosting web services and web applications under web servers, preferably IIS.
- Experience with cloud architecture, especially Azure.
- Experience working with the Atlassian suite including Jira and Confluence.
- Comfortable working with Webpack/Node/NPM/Vagrant/Docker.
- Comfortable developing bash (or other shell) scripts.
- Comfortable with GIT and other source control systems
Education and Experience
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in computer science or related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of application development on large-scale web applications
- Minimum of 5 years managing application development teams
- Minimum of 3 years developing healthcare applications
0 to 10% Travel Required
SymphonyCare is a privately held company that offers benefits for full-time employees. Our benefits include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with employer match, PTO, and paid Holidays. SymphonyCare is a global company with a diverse organizational team and a strong entrepreneurial culture. SymphonyCare is an EOE employer.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.