SymphonyCare provides accurate, actionable insights when and where patients, clinicians, and caregivers need them for better health outcomes. We are looking for a Data Architect who thrives in a fast-moving and dynamic environment.
SymphonyCare has an enthusiastic and diverse team of healthcare solution professionals (engineers, architects, developers, systems engineers and customer success managers) responsible for building out the core services that provide the backbone for our product offerings as well as support and enhancements to our existing client base.
The main responsibility of the Data Architect will be to design, develop, and optimize our company’s conceptual and logical data systems. The duties will include examining new data system requirements and creating and modifying data models. It will also include preparing architect reports, monitoring the system, and supervising system migrations. To succeed in this role, The Data Architect should know how to examine new data system requirements and implement migration models. The ideal candidate will also have proven experience in data analysis and management, with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
This position is located in our headquarters on the Capitol Square in downtown Madison, WI. Madison is a vibrant, progressive community with great neighborhoods, top-ranked schools, tons of activities, and an internationally-renowned university.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Interface and work with product managers and business stakeholders to understand the business and functional requirements to architect an enterprise data warehouse platform for healthcare and related data.
- Develop application specific logical and physical data models.
- Play a leadership role in the design, implementation, and development of ETL processes.
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations.
- Define the strategy and design for creation of a data quality strategy.
- Manage all aspects of data architecture, including models, data staging, and ETL framework.
- Collaborate with other cross-functional IT software/data personnel on development of EDW components.
- Establishes standards for data warehouse reporting technology, as well as design, development, implementation and maintenance processes.
- Prepare accurate database design and architecture reports for management and executive teams.
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting and integrating new features.
- Educate staff members through training and individual support.
- Offer support by responding to system problems in a timely manner.
- Other related duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or related field, master’s degree is preferred.
Experience and Competencies
- At least 5 years of data architecture experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in a data analysis, architect, or management role in a multi-faceted, fast paced work environment.
- Healthcare data experience is highly preferred.
- Data Vault experience is a plus.
- Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services cloud experience is highly desired.
- Hands-on experience with relational and dimensional modeling practices.
- Advanced SQL skills.
- Microsoft BI Stack tools (SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS).
- Background or familiarity with Data Governance, Metadata Management, Taxonomy Management, Master Data Management and Data Security.
- Understanding of data warehouse architecture that supports business intelligence tools.
- Reporting & Visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, SSRS, Power BI).
- Expertise in Data Warehouse design and best practices.
- Team Skills: adaptable, collaboration, creative, negotiation, communication, presentation and group dynamics.
- Professional skills: Problem solving, SQL programming, Systems Analysis and Design, Program Analysis and Design.
0 to 10% Travel Required
SymphonyCare is a privately held company that offers benefits for full-time employees. Our benefits include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, and paid holidays. SymphonyCare is a global company with a diverse organizational team and a strong entrepreneurial culture. SymphonyCare is an EOE employer.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please put “Data Architect candidate” in the subject line of the email.