SymphonyCare is a provider of population health and patient engagement solutions aimed at improving health outcomes and reducing costs for provider and payer healthcare organizations.
SymphonyCare has an enthusiastic and diverse team of business and technical solution professionals responsible for building out the core applications and services that provide the backbone for our product offerings as well as support and enhancements to our existing client base.
SymphonyCare is seeking a full-time ETL Engineer to work onsite in our Madison, WI office. This person will assist in the development, maintenance, and support of SymphonyCare’s data management and business intelligence solution for its customers. This is a position with a significant amount of team interaction and requires a person with excellent teamwork and professionalism.
The ETL Engineer will work in our headquarters on the Capitol Square in downtown Madison, WI. Madison is a vibrant, progressive community with great neighborhoods, top-ranked schools, tons of activities, and an internationally-renowned university.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete full life cycle of ETL development to address business needs or resolve issues including design, mappings, data transformations, scheduling and testing
- Translate data movement requirements into technical ETL design
- Develop ETL workflows and mappings to extract, transform, and load data into target environments
- Develop data extraction and transmissions to external vendors
- Develop test plans and perform unit testing
- Create supporting documentation for new ETL processes
- Work closely with data analysts to gain understanding of business processes and corporate data
- Determine impacts to data warehouse structures and information flows due to changes in business or technical requirements
- Contribute to architectural decisions to support business processes
- Provide production support for data solutions
- Complete root cause analysis and contribute to remediation planning and implementation
- Perform data quality analysis, report data quality issues and propose solutions for data quality management
- Learn and expand upon internal controls and participate in customer support
- Other related duties as directed
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in data warehousing, business intelligence tools, and the analysis of data.
- Minimum of 3 years of SQL query development, preferably in multiple database management platforms, and working with normalized relational databases and dimensional data warehouse implementations
- Proficiency in ETL concepts and tools (examples include Informatica PowerCenter, IBM InfoSphere DataStage, Pentaho, Talend)
- Working knowledge of data warehousing concepts, structures and ETL best practices
- Experience using query tools (Tableau, MS Query or SAS)
- Ability to problem solve using analytical thinking skills.
- Must work well independently – must be inquisitive and seek answers to complex questions without being prompted.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills including verbal and written to communicate effectively with clients and senior management.
- Strong project management skills to ensure that projects get done on time and within budget.
- Experience working with offshore teams to accomplish projects.
0 to 10% Travel Required
SymphonyCare is a privately held company that offers benefits for full-time employees. Our benefits include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, and paid holidays. SymphonyCare is a global company with a diverse organizational team and a strong entrepreneurial culture. SymphonyCare is an EOE employer.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please put “ETL Engineer Application” in the subject line of the email.