SymphonyCare provides accurate, actionable insights when and where patients, clinicians, and caregivers need them for better health outcomes. We are looking for a Healthcare Business Analyst who thrives in a fast-moving and dynamic environment.
SymphonyCare has an enthusiastic and diverse team of business and technical solution professionals responsible for building out the core applications and services that provide the backbone for our product offerings as well as support and enhancements to our existing client base.
The Business Analyst will work with key business stakeholders and be responsible for requirements gathering, generating solution and technical documentation, business process design, development of use cases, and testing of SymphonyCare’s solutions. The Business Analyst must demonstrate a working knowledge of healthcare business process workflow and a general understanding of the software development process. Project management responsibilities will be required on a limited basis.
This position is located in our headquarters on the Capitol Square in downtown Madison, WI. Madison is a vibrant, progressive community with great neighborhoods, top-ranked schools, tons of activities, and an internationally-renowned university.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Become an expert on the SymphonyCare platform with an understanding of the functionality and uses of our technology and solutions.
- Define business functional and reporting requirements of our healthcare IT solutions with key subject matter experts (SMEs) and clients through a variety of interviewing and facilitation techniques.
- Produce business analysis deliverables including business requirement documents and functional specifications.
- Produce/maintain additional product and project deliverables including entity model diagrams, detailed program specifications and project plans.
- Validate design with users by providing proof of concept of proposed solutions.
- Provide the engineering teams with clarification and business system translation throughout the development lifecycle.
- Perform unit and systems testing.
- Plan, coordinate and participate in user acceptance testing
- Provide training to internal and external clients on products and enhancements.
- Perform requirements review with external and internal stakeholders and obtain sign off from all required individuals.
- Identify and document system deficiencies and recommend solutions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- At least 5 years of direct Business Analyst experience with the duties described above.
- At least 3 years of healthcare Business Analyst experience is required.
- Healthcare data analysis experience is a plus.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field
Soft Skill Requirements
- Excellent written communication skills is required.
- Strong verbal skills to communicate with impact with senior business executives is required.
- Very quick learner to understand the technical aspects of the platform and also customer priorities
- Ability to communicate requirements in technical and non-technical terms
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with global geographically diverse teams
- Motivated and detail oriented with a strong work ethic
- Successfully works well in a collaborative environment
- Responsible for confidential information and the use of confidential data and the need for discretion and caution in the use and protection of such material, ensuring compliance with accrediting agencies guidelines and laws such as HIPAA
0 to 10% Travel Required
SymphonyCare is a privately held company that offers benefits for full-time employees. Our benefits include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, and paid holidays. SymphonyCare is a global company with a diverse organizational team and a strong entrepreneurial culture. SymphonyCare is an EOE employer.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Healthcare Business Analyst candidate” in the subject line of the email.