SymphonyCare is an innovative healthcare data management company that partners with organizations looking to improve data quality and efficiency of care. We provide a comprehensive set of tools that enable organizations to increase patient engagement in addition to clinical, financial and operational outcomes.
The sales and marketing intern will play an integral role in the success of SymphonyCare’s business development group. We are looking for an eager, proactive individual to join our team to support our lead generation and business development efforts by providing A+ interaction and working to impact multi-million-dollar opportunities.
This is a part-time (10 to 20 hours per week) position during the school year and full-time (40 hours per week) during the summer. Compensation is hourly. This position is based in our Madison, WI office on the Capitol Square. It is not a remote position.
As a part of the team, this person can expect to develop deep technical expertise in the healthcare industry and commercial business development practices. The relationship-driven nature of this work allows for unparalleled access to growth and could lead to the launch of a career.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute outreach strategy and schedule in-person and phone meetings with healthcare executives as part of a new business development strategy
- Daily interaction with prospects across the healthcare spectrum including providers, payers and healthcare data collaboratives to generate new sales conversations
- Recruit potential clients to meetings, events and conferences hosted or attended by SymphonyCare including working with team members on recruitment campaign management (i.e. design, mobilization, completion and tracking of phone, email, or direct mail campaigns)
- Own calendaring, logistics and administrative responsibilities for internal cross-departmental meetings (Sales, Account & Technical teams)
- Confirm client meeting attendance and prepare and/or edit materials such as research presentations, sales materials and meeting agendas for prospect interactions and meetings
- Maintain accurate data in Salesforce database to track key performance metrics, prospect interactions and new business/renewal pipeline details
- Prepare for and attend prospect planning sessions to take notes and define priorities as they relate to top prospect interactions
- Perform market analysis and research on competition
- Prepare marketing materials as needed
- Update social media and website content
- Perform various administrative, marketing, and sales-related tasks as needed
- Participate regularly in brainstorming sessions for the development of marketing campaigns, and take detailed notes of meetings
- Research, plan and execute one marketing campaign under the direction and supervision of the marketing director
- Follow up on the outcome of said campaign, and prepare a presentation going over the highlights
What you will learn:
- Healthcare and healthcare IT industry-related issues
- Business development practices
- Effective communications and marketing practices
- Technical expertise in business development practices
Other things you may do:
- Create network connections within our company, in Madison, and across the country
- Ability to take initiative on projects and problem solve when necessary
- Completing or have completed a degree in a related field from an accredited college/university with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Strong to desire to learn along with professional drive
- Excellent verbal and written communications ability and superior listening skills with the aptitude to ask clarifying questions
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office
- Ambitious self-starter with a curious attitude willing to jump in and accomplish goals
- Sales or fundraising experience (phone, email and social media)
- Attention to detail
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Adobe product suite experience a plus
- WordPress experience a plus
How to Apply
If you have an interest in sales and are wanting to take on a role with vigor and active engagement, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Sales & Marketing intern candidate” in the subject line of the email.