SymphonyCare provides accurate, actionable insights when and where patients, clinicians, and caregivers need them for better health outcomes. The company seeks an experienced Tableau Developer for our Business Intelligence and Analytics team. The Tableau Developer will design and implement new reports, dashboards, and key performance indicators. This is an opportunity to work closely with a team that has a diverse set of data-oriented skills, to develop dashboards that touch many different subject areas of healthcare.
This position is located in our headquarters on the Capitol Square in downtown Madison, WI. Madison is a vibrant, progressive community with great neighborhoods, top-ranked schools, tons of activities, and an internationally-renowned university.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Build and publish customized, interactive reports and dashboards using Tableau Desktop/Server.
- Create action filters, parameters and calculations for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau
- Write and edit complex SQL queries
- Perform data source management including data blending
- Perform unit and integration testing in a deployment environment to verify the delivered implementation meets the given requirements
- Provide support for implementations, as well as testing support during testing and user acceptance testing
- Deliver high quality code with minimal defects/re-work
- Other related duties as directed
Desired Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree is required.
At least 5 years of hands-on experience in data management, business intelligence, reporting, and analytics is required.
At least 3 years of hands-on experience developing reports and dashboards using Tableau or similar analytics visualization tool is required.
Strong understanding of advanced Tableau features and capabilities and how that is implemented for business solutions is required.
SQL development background with experience in data mart / data warehouse environments is required.
Healthcare experienced is a plus.
Strong analytical skills to solve and model complex business requirements.
Proven analytical, problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
Good communication, presentation and collaboration skills.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
Soft Skill Requirements
- Excellent written communication skills is required.
- Strong verbal skills to communicate with impact with senior business executives is required.
- Very quick learner to understand the technical aspects of the platform and also customer priorities
- Ability to communicate requirements in technical and non-technical terms
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with global geographically diverse teams
- Motivated and detail oriented with a strong work ethic
- Successfully works well in a collaborative environment
- Responsible for confidential information and the use of confidential data and the need for discretion and caution in the use and protection of such material, ensuring compliance with accrediting agencies guidelines and laws such as HIPAA
0 to 10% Travel Required
SymphonyCare is a privately held company that offers benefits for full-time employees. Our benefits include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, and paid holidays. SymphonyCare is a global company with a diverse organizational team and a strong entrepreneurial culture. SymphonyCare is an EOE employer.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Tableau Developer Application” in the subject line of the email.